TPS®/NetWork File Manager (NFM) is a full-featured enterprise/network file distribution system packed with many options including secure file transfers, file tracking and auditing, scheduled or automated data delivery and remote program execution. If you need to perform a data transfer between a few machines in your internal network or across thousands over the Internet, TPS®/NetWork File Manager can provide you with a secure file transfer plus an audited system with error handling and program execution that is unavailable with standard FTP.
Do you need a secure data delivery method? Secure data delivery is important to every company so NFM uses SSL and encryption algorithms to ensure your data transfer is protected. It meets the data privacy and data integrity requirements of recent regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, and others.
Auditing can give a detailed summary of file transfers as well as pin-point any errors that occurred during the file transfer. Unlike FTP, The NFM system audits all file transfers and provides a report that can be viewed within NFM or exported for your own reporting.
Do you need to execute file transfers on a scheduled basis? A fully functional scheduler provides for future file transfers or sets up recurring file transfers to happen every hour, day, or month.
For companies that choose to use a third-party scheduler or prefer command line execution, our integrated command line interface allows you to submit event driven file transfers. Otherwise, NFM provides a GUI-based application, available through a web browser, to monitor or configure activity.
Do you have a company with multiple OS platforms? NFM offers multiple platform support including IBM® 4690, Stratus®, IBM® iSeries (AS/400), and IBM® Mainframe clients. These are in addition to the standard Windows® and UNIX® platforms. Sending data across multiple platforms is a snap.
Maintaining FTP scripts or verifying FTP transfers can be difficult. With NFM, you have one complete system to create, submit, and track file transfers. A customizable transmission plan builder allows you to define conditional logic for the file transfer. It gives you control to run scripts or programs when a file transfer starts or completes. Do you need to be notified when a file transfer fails? Have NFM kick off a script to send notification to a pager or an email.
- Encrypt (SSL) and compress data transfers
- Extensive auditing and logging capabilities
- User authentication utilizing Radius, LDAP and Active Directory
- Automate file transfers with sophisticated scheduler
- Dynamic monitoring capabilities for viewing transmissions in progress
- True peer-to-peer file transfers; no repository
- Multi-platform and OS support
- JAVA-based browser interface to monitor and configure activity
- Control file transfers and program execution with custom transmission plan builder transmission plan builder
- File Synchronization
- Transfers on demand – Quick Functions
- Transfer files utilizing FTP and FTP-S
- Event Driven using command-line interface
- Automatic transfer initiated with file discovery
- Transfer reports using z/OS JES Interface
- File Streaming/Trickle
- Checkpoint restart and transfer retries
- Wild card and environment variable substitution
- IP Multicasting
- Bandwidth Management and Performance Monitoring
NFM provides the essential tool for automating your enterprise by:
- Transferring outbound data to multiple sites in one multi-cast session
- Launching select business application processes remotely when required
- Optimizing bandwidth connections for faster data transmission and shorter connection times
- Ensuring the integrity and conformity of targeted remote systems
- Providing secure means of distributing/retrieving (push/pull) data both within the enterprise and outside
- Conserve valuable host and mainframe resources
- Extend mission-critical information delivery throughout your extended network enterprise
- Schedule file transfers at times most cost effective and advantageous to your organization
- Create potent B2B (business-to-business) exchanges with your suppliers, business partners, and customers
- Near “real-time” collection of data through the use of file streaming/trickle
- Maintain ROI (return on investment) for existing legacy applications and systems while leveraging new technologies
- Rich and easy-to-use management features ensure effective control of information throughout your network environment
- Automate repetitive tasks and create powerful data collection and distribution routines
- Highly scaleable, modular adaptability and support for a broad range of multiple open system platforms and SNA and TCP/IP protocols
- Reliable multi-level program security and audit trail capabilities provide you with a practical means for having secure data transmissions and comprehensive reporting
- Robust data compression speeds delivery of crucial information to various business points,
applications and users
- Comprehensive end-to-end solution for rapid deployment of software and data across the extended enterprise
- Simpler and more secure data transfer than standard FTP
- Increases user satisfaction via improved data delivery speed and reliability
NETWORK FILE MANAGER COMPONENTS
TPS®/ NetWork File Manager Server is the main ‘engine’ of the NFM system. Users can access the NFM system by using the NetWork File Manager Interface (via web browser) or use the command line interface. All configuration options for the NFM system are stored in the server database. When a file transfer takes place, either immediately or scheduled, the NFM server will instruct the NetWork File Manager Clients to transfer files (peer-to-peer). Statistical data about the file transfer will be recorded on the Server for auditing purposes.
TPS®/ NetWork File Manager Client is responsible for performing requests from the NFM server to send and receive files as well as local program execution. We recommend using TPS®/ NetWork File Manager Client on any machine you want to transfers file to / from. However, we do support NFM Client to FTP type transfers when installing TPS®/NFM Client is not an option. This can be a secure FTP process or the standard FTP process.
TPS®/ NetWork File Manager Interface is a JAVA-based user interface, accessible via a browser or stand-alone Windows application, that communicates directly to the NFM server to perform and monitor NFM system activities.
“NFM gives us the ability to establish B-to-B communications with our vendors by exchanging information via our extranet.” - Mr. Don Reeve, CIO, Wegmans Food Markets, Inc.
“NFM has taken processes that took hours and minutes to complete down to minutes and seconds.”
- Mr. Charles Hawalka, Manager of Infrastructure, Wakefern Food Corporation
“NFM made the transition from our mainframe file management distribution system easier because the theory, terminology, and concept of plans and cycles was much the same.”
- Mr. Bkups Dokal, CPoS Development Manager, Homebase Ltd. (UK)
SCREEN SHOTS (click on image to enlarge)
NFM provides detailed logging capabilities in the form of Audit trail records. This gives you an accounting of transfers and allows you to identify any errors.
The Plan Monitor screen shows file transfers happening in real time. A user not only sees the transfer happening but can control the transfer by canceling, pausing, or excluding a transfer destined for a particular computer or group of computers.
The Graph screen displays real time statistics. Giving you an overview of byte count, amount of CPU cycles being used on target and source computer, number of nodes transferring data, etc.
View Slideshow Presentation
NFM Sales Brochure
NFM General Information
14100 San Pedro Ave
San Antonio, TX 78232-4399
Phone: (210) 496-1984
Fax: (210) 490-6805
System p (pSeries) (32/64-bit)
IBM® System P (pSeries) (64-bit)
Intel® Itanium (64-bit)
System p (pSeries) (32/64-bit)
IBM® i (i5/OS®, OS/400®)
System i (AS/400®, iSeries)
PASE for i
(System i, AS/400®, iSeries)
System z (zSeries)
IBM® System p (pSeries) (64-bit)
IBM® System i (iSeries)
Intel® AMD® (32/64-bit)
Intel ®Itanium (64-bit)
HP™-UX for HP9000 (32/64-bit)
HP™-UX for HP Integrity
Sun® Solaris® - Sparc (32/64-bit)
Evaluation copies of TPS® software products are available for a pre-specified time frame under the terms and conditions of the single-page TPS® Evaluation Agreement.
Secure & Encrypted File Transfer (FTP) and Delivery, File Synchronization, Network Manager, Automated File Transfers, Distributed Data Transfer, File Scheduler, Secure Enterprise File Transfer solution, Data Manager, Audit Transfer, File Management, File Distribution, File Gathering, Data Distribution and Gathering, Secure EDI transfer solution, Remote File Transfers, Secure Data Delivery, End-to-end data delivery and synchronization, Enterprise Systems Management solution, Multi-client / multi-protocol file transfer solution